Online Learning Terms and Conditions of use
Access to and use of our online learning facility and contents of the Performance Cycling Online Course is conditional upon your acceptance and agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The term 'The Company' or 'Us' or 'We' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to you as the user/customer and viewer of our website and contents/products.
These specific Online Learning Site Terms are in addition to any General Booking Terms, agreed to on booking.
By accessing this site and contents you are entering into a formal agreement to comply with and adhere to both the General Booking Terms and these specific Online Learning Content Terms together in full.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice and at our discretion. Any such amendments shall come into effect immediately once posted, therefore it is your responsibility to periodically review this page and the General Terms pages.
A .pdf copy is also provided on booking and is available to download from your shop account download section.
The Terms as a whole are designed to ensure this training is right for you, it identifies clearly what it gives you and allows you to do and what it does not, so you are clear about what we are providing to you and your responsibilities as a student/instructor with us.
By continuing to access and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions fully without exception.
1. Contact, access and study/support via this site.
- Ensure the email registered in your 'Profile' area remains current, because this is how we will contact you.
- Your online registration and user details are for you only. You are responsible for keeping your personal login details private.
- All users receive an automatic subscription to our free e-news. You may unsubscribe from this at any time, using the link in each email sent.
- We provide all our students with the content, facilities and support needed to be successful. Students themselves are responsible for logging on, doing the work, asking for support as needed and completing assessments within the enrolment period and timescales detailed.
- One marking and feedback of each applicable assessment element is included in initial course fee. If any student does not reach the required competencies to pass in any assessment element, they may retake/resubmit within 30 days of referral notification and upon payment of the appropriate resubmission fee.
- If a student requires additional time to complete, an extension can be purchased up to 5 days before enrolment expiry date shown in the course area. Once expired, the opportunity to extend ends.
- Any submissions or fees received outside qualifying periods will not be accepted and any fees paid refunded, minus a £30 administration fee.
- Certification - Once instructors pass the assessment elements for their course they are eligible for certification, refreshers, marketing materials and more via their Instructor Support Package subscription. Free for the first year (from 10.04.14) then due annually at least 5 days before expiry. Failed or late payments will incur additional fees.
If certification to teach is no longer required, instructors are responsible for cancelling their subscription before due.
2. Copyright notice
- All the content and products available to you on this site are original works and have taken a lot of time and investment to create. As such, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material and content on the Site including, without limitation, text, images, web pages, sound, software (including code, interface and website structure), video, photographs and graphical images, and the look and feel, design and compilation thereof are owned by the Company and all rights are reserved.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you are prohibited from copying, reproducing, transmitting, distributing, translating, modifying, merging, sharing or adapting any whole or parts of any material or content from this site for commercial or personal use. Nor may you transmit it or store it in whole or part in any form, web, electronic or printed. With one exception:
Enrolled students of our online courses may print or download contents containing reprint permission notices, to aid their personal study only. All copyright notices must remain intact on any such copies made.
3. Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use.
- The contents of this course, including forums and support are provided solely to allow you to learn to teach and be supported as a Performance Cycling Instructor and lead Performance Cycling Classes either on a freelance or employed basis.
- You are expressly prohibited from sharing or using the content for any other purpose, including using any part of the materials, contents or support as content or inspiration for creating compilations or derivative works to teach or advise others to teach any type of 'fitness' or 'indoor cycling' course or workshop in any format, either live or online and either during or after enrolment has ended.
- In the event of this agreement being breached, actions for infringement of copyright and appropriate compensation will be brought by Us against you and/or other parties including your company/contractor/s. Actions may include but not limited to, interim and final injunctions, payment for loss and damages and delivery up and destruction of infringing items.
4. Forum use and policy.
Our Forums provide an opportunity to share and connect with instructors worldwide.
Any message posted on the Forum expresses only the views of the author of that message, it does not necessarily reflect our views, or those of any other person on the Forum.
When posting to the forums, you must ensure:
- Posts are accurate where providing facts
- Posts are not defamatory, sexist, racist, homophobic or otherwise discriminitory and/or offensive
- Posts do not infringe any copyright, trademark, confidentiality of any person/organisation or otherwise violate any law or common decency.
Any forum posts contravening the above will be removed and the users entitlement to post withdrawn.
© 2009 - 2016 Performance Cycling