Online Content Terms and Conditions of use - please read carefully
Access to and use of the online learning facility at indoorcyclingcoursesonline.com and contents of the Performance Cycling Online Course is conditional upon your acceptance and agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The term 'The Company' or 'Us' or 'We' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to you as the user/customer and viewer of our website and contents/products.
These specific Online Content Terms are in addition to any General Booking Terms, agreed to on booking.
By accessing this site and contents you are entering into a formal agreement to comply with and adhere to both the General Booking Terms and these specific Online Content Terms together in full.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice and at our discretion. Any such amendments shall come into effect immediately once posted, therefore it is your responsibility to periodically review this page and the General Terms pages.
The Terms as a whole are designed to ensure this training is right for you, it identifies clearly what it gives you and allows you to do and what it does not, so you are clear about what we are providing to you and your responsibilities in using that.
By continuing to access and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions fully without exception.
1. Contact, access and use.
- 1.1 Ensure the email registered in your 'Profile' area remains current, because this is how we will contact you. If you change your email address, you will also email us to confirm the change.
Please note, we can only be responsible for sending emails, we cannot be responsible for them not arriving or being wrongly sent to junk folders. To improve email delivery make sure you add the support email provided on enrolment to your safe list.
- 1.2 Your online registration and user details are for you only. You are responsible for keeping your personal login details private.
- 1.3 We provide all our students with the content, facilities and support needed to be successful. Students themselves are responsible for logging on, doing the work, asking for support as needed and completing assessments within the enrolment period and timescales detailed.
- 1.4 One marking and feedback of each applicable assessment element is included in initial course fee. If any student does not reach the required competencies to pass in any assessment element, they may retake/resubmit within 30 days of referral notification and upon payment of the appropriate resubmission fee.
- 1.5 If a student requires additional time to complete, an extension can be purchased up to 5 days before enrolment expiry date shown in the course area. Once expired, the opportunity to extend ends.
- 1.6 Any submissions or fees received outside qualifying periods will not be accepted and any fees paid refunded, minus a £30 administration fee.
- 1.7 Certification - Once instructors pass the assessment elements for their course they are eligible for certification, refreshers, marketing materials and more via their Instructor Support Package subscription. This is included for the first year, then due annually 2 weeks before expiry. Instructor rewards can be used to renew if applicable. 1.8 Failed or late payments will incur additional fees. Instructors are solely responsible for ensuring payments are made on time and for cancelling before renewal is due if no longer required.
- 1.9 Performance Cycling Instructors must identify themselves as such and not promote themselves under any other name or brand of indoor cycling, including Spin/Spinning unless they hold a relevant certificate for that brand.
- 1.20 The Company reserves the right to decline any booking or renewal at its discretion, without giving cause or notice.
2. Copyright notice
- 2.1 All the content and products available to you on this site are original works and have taken a lot of time and investment to create. As such, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material and content on the Site including, without limitation, text, images, web pages, sound, software (including code, interface and website structure), video, photographs and graphical images, and the look and feel, design and compilation thereof are owned by the Company and all rights are reserved.
- 2.2 For the avoidance of doubt, you are prohibited from copying, reproducing, transmitting, distributing, translating, modifying, merging, sharing or adapting any whole or parts of any material or content from this site for commercial or personal use. Nor may you transmit it or store it in whole or part in any form, web, electronic or printed. With one exception:
Enrolled students of our online courses may print or download contents containing reprint permission notices, to aid their personal study only. All copyright notices must remain intact on any such copies made.
3. Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use.
- 3.1 The contents of this course, including forums and support are provided solely to allow you to learn to teach and be supported as a Performance Cycling Instructor and lead Performance Cycling Classes either on a freelance or employed basis.
- 3.2 You are expressly prohibited from sharing or using the content for any other purpose.
- 3.3 Using any part of the materials, contents or support, as content or inspiration for creating compilations or derivative works to teach or advise others to teach any type of 'fitness' or 'indoor cycling' course or workshop in any format, either live or online and either during, or after enrolment has ended is prohibited.
- 3.4 In the event of this agreement being breached, legal action will be taken and compensation will be sought by Us against you and/or other parties including your company/contractor/s. Actions may include but are not limited to, interim and final injunctions, payment for loss and damages and delivery up and destruction of any infringing items.
4. Forum use and policy.
Our Forums provide an opportunity to share and connect with instructors worldwide.
- 4.1 Any message posted on the Forum expresses only the views of the author of that message.
When posting to the forums, posters must ensure:
- 4.2 Posts are accurate where providing facts
- 4.3 Posts are not defamatory, sexist, racist, homophobic or otherwise discriminatory and/or offensive
- 4.4 Posts do not infringe any copyright, trademark, confidentiality of any person/organisation or otherwise violate any law or common decency.
- 4.5 The Company is not liable for any content posted, but where we are notified of any posts contravening the above, they may be removed and the users entitlement to post withdrawn.
Indoor Cycling Courses Online are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected.
Be assured, we do not sell, rent or trade your details with others.
Information collected and what it is used for
We collect information/data to help us provide you with the best service.
- When you send an enquiry, or purchase from us, we collect your contact details so we can respond to you and process your order.
- When you book a training course with us, we collect additional health and needs information, so we can be sure it is safe for you to participate and we can best meet your needs during the training. For online training we also ask for photographic ID.
- Via cookies we collect statistical information about pages visited, browser used, country etc so we can see how our site is performing.
- For our enews, we gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our enews.
We do not use or share your information with anyone else without your express permission, with the exceptions detailed below which are essential for us to provide the services we do to you.
- We may use a third-party supplier to deliver some of our products direct to you by post. Minimum contact details would be shared with the supplier in this instance, to allow delivery of the order.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long do we keep data?
Anonymous data with no personal information, we may keep indefinitely, for statistical purposes.
We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request")
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Last reviewed April 2022. This policy may change and be updated from time to time. Please check back regularly.